#12 White Chocolate Scones

The Afternoon Tea-ish theme continues this week with scones, but not just any scones, these are the kind of scones I have always been fearful to try: Lemonade scones. However, seeing the recipe in this month's Delicious magazine gave me pause, so I decided to chance my cooking arm!! Beware though, these scones are big, big and fluffy and as light as air. MrsDrWho's only complaint is that there were mouthfuls without white chocolate, so I think more than doubling the chocolate content is warranted.

White Chocolate Scones
-makes 8 large scones
  • 3 cups self-raising flour
  • 1 cup lemonade
  • 1 cup thin pure cream
  • 50g white chocolate-MrsDrWho thinks 150g to get some with each bite
  • 50 ml cream extra
  • strawberry jam for serving
Preheat oven to 190*C and line a tray with baking paper.Sift the flour into a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the cream, lemonade and chocolate. Stir with a knife and then bring together with your hands. Don't really knead, be gentle!!Turn out onto a floured surface and roll or press out to2.5cm thickness. Here I deviated from the recipe, they said to cut out eight round scones with a 5cm cutter, but I made a disc shaped dough and then cut it into eight wedges. Use the extra cream to brush the top of each scone. When I make these again I will make 12 or 16 from the same mixture.

Place carefully on the tray and bake for about 12 minutes, or until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack and then serve dusted with icing sugar, filled with jam and maybe a dollop of cream on the side. MrsDrWho ate hers plain, and I tasted one too, I can eat these, and they were truly delicious!!!

Scones and jam