#27 Brunchy Fritatta

I saw this recipe recently in a magazine, but I have no idea which one. Indeed, I am just remembering the recipe a bit and checking the photo and general recipes to make sure the proportions are correct!! These were so nice that I ate them in two days: for breakfasts and lunches!!! There was no fresh basil to be had in our town at all last week, so I used parsley and chives instead.

Brunchy Frittata serves 3 or 6 or 2!!!
  • 6 slices of pancetta
  • 100g feta cheese, cut into tiny cubes
  • fresh herbs- basil, but I used parsley and chives
  • 50-100g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
  • 6 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup milk or cream
  • 9 tiny Roma tomatoes, halved
  • salt and pepper
Frittata steps
This recipe calls for a Texas muffin tin, which means each little pan has a 3/4 cup or 180ml capacity. Preheat oven to 180*C.
The six steps start at the top left and then proceed in a clockwise direction to end at the bottom left!!
  1. Place a tiny circle of baking paper in the bottom of each pan and then place one piece of pancetta on top.
  2. Next put 1/6 of the feta into each.
  3. I put two tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese next.
  4. Then a sprinkle of chopped parsley and chives.
  5. I whisked the eggs (I always use free range from the greengrocer or deli) with the 1/4 cup cream (or milk) and some salt and pepper and then pour it in evenly.
  6. Finally decorate with three of the little Roma halves. And a little extra Parmesan if you like.
Just out of the oven

Bake for about 20 minutes. The frittata should be just set, but still a tiny bit wobbly in the centre. It will continue cooking and set after it leaves the oven. To release them from the pan, let them sit for about 10 minutes then run a knife around the edge. A plastic bendy implement is good and you can scoop it under each individual frittata and ease them out. These are delicious served straight away with a salad, but I can vouch for their tastiness later on!!!